Get To Know These Top 5 Most Influential Female Athletes In Sports For Year 2022
Every year, the world is captivated by the accomplishments and backstories of extraordinary female athletes. Women are constantly breaking records, breaking barriers, and chipping away at the glass ceiling in every sport. Women in sports are undeniably formidable competitors, but they not only excel as athletes, but they also hold significant influence around the world. Women's sports have never been more popular thanks to the power of social media. This article will present the top 5 most influential female athletes in and out of their respective sports for the year 2022.
The list honors sportswomen who have made outstanding contributions to their respective sports while also inspiring and empowering others through their contributions to the greater world. This group of leading figures is paving the way for a brighter future for women in sports and beyond.
Maria Sharapova is ranked first on this list of the most influential female athletes in 2022. She has previously been ranked world No. 1 in singles by the WTA for multiple times, 5 to be exact for a total of 21 weeks. One of the female athletes. She is one of only ten women and the only Russian to have completed a career in the Grand Slam. She is also an Olympic medalist, having won silver in the women's singles event for Russia at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. On August 2005, Sharapova became the world No. 1 for the first time. She last held the number one spot for four weeks, from June 11 to July 8, 2012.
Serena Jameka Williams is a well-known tennis player from the United States. She has the most Grand Slam singles titles of any player in the Open Era and the second-most all-time, trailing only Margaret Court (24). Between 2002 and 2017, she was ranked No. 1 in the world in singles eight times by the Women's Tennis Association. On her sixth appearance, she broke Steffi Graf's record of holding the number one spot for 186 weeks. She has held the WTA No. 1 ranking for 319 weeks, putting her third in the Open Era behind Graf and Martina Navratilova. Williams is best known as one of the greatest female tennis players of all time. Serena currently have the most Grand Slam titles in singles, doubles, and mixed doubles.
Eugenie Bouchard is ranked third on this year's list of the most influential female athletes. She is a professional tennis player from Canada who is currently ranked No. 80 in the world. Bouchard made history by becoming the first Canadian-born player to reach the finals of a Grand Slam singles event at the 2014 Wimbledon Championships. She came in second place behind Petra Kvitová. She also advanced to the Australian Open semifinals in 2014. Bouchard began playing tennis when she was five years old and is a member of Tennis Canada's National Training Centre in Montreal.
Anna Sergeyevna Kournikova, born June 7, 1981, is a Russian-American tennis player, model, and television personality. Her celebrity and beauty made her one of the most well-known tennis players in the world. Fans looking for photos of Kournikova at the height of her fame made her name one of the most searched for. Despite never winning a singles title, Anna rose to the eighth position in the world in 2000. She had more success in doubles, where she was at times the world's No. 1 player. She also won Grand Slams in Australia (1999, 2002) and the WTA Championships (1999, 2000) with Martina Hingis. They referred to themselves as the "Spice Girls of Tennis."
Ronda Rousey is ranked fifth on this list of the most influential female athletes in 2022. Rousey, one of the best female MMA fighters, was the first American woman to win an Olympic medal in judo (Bronze). She had won it at the Summer Olympics in Beijing in 2008. Ronda is a former UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion as well as the current Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Champion. She won 12 straight MMA fights, including six in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Rousey was named the most "dominant" active athlete by two magazines in May 2015.
Influential sportswomen are not limited to the top five; there are thousands of women who excel in their sport while also giving back to the community. We discovered some sportswomen who did not make the top five but had a significant impact on the sporting world.
- Allyson Felix is the most decorated Olympic track and field athlete in history, having won 13 gold medals at the world championships.
- Lindsey Vonn is a former American skier. Alpine ski racer for the Ski Team World Cup. At the 2010 Winter Olympics, she became the first American woman to win a gold medal in downhill skiing.
- Sydney Rae Leroux is a professional soccer player and Olympic gold medalist. She is now a member of the National Women's Soccer League's Orlando Pride (NWSL).
- Hope Solo - From 2000 to 2016, he was a World Cup winner and two-time Olympic gold medalist as a goalkeeper for the United States women's national soccer team.
- Rayssa Leal, a 14-year-old skateboard sensation who won a silver medal at the Olympics in Tokyo, narrowly missed out on a spot in the top 5.
- Sunisa Lee is a Hmong American gymnast who became the first Hmong American to win an Olympic medal. In 2021, she will have 3.4 million social media instagram followers and 2.3 million Wikipedia page views.
- Megan Rapinoe is a footballer and activist with 3.9 million followers and 1.7 million Wikipedia page views over the last year. She is active in the fight for equal pay and working conditions for the United States women's national soccer team, as well as openly advocating for LGBT rights organizations and social and racial justice.
- Nikki Bella is a WWE Hall of Famer, reality television personality, entrepreneur, and former professional wrestler from the United States.
Women's sports are more popular and influential than they have ever been. The number of people who watch women's sports has increased in recent years. The popularity of women's sports encourages equal treatment of female athletes, from media coverage to recognition of their talent. Consistency, hard work, and self-belief have propelled our top female athletes to where they are now. These top 5 most influential female athletes in 2022 are living proof that if you believe in yourself, you can achieve anything.